How To Grill Pizza
to learn how to grill pizza? After all, that grill can cook up more
than just hot dogs and hamburgers.
Mix it up a bit and throw your favorite Italian pie on that grill!
Grilling pizza is quite simple, but it can take a bit of practice.
The most important thing is to be prepared by having your sauce and toppings ready to go before putting the dough on the grill.
It cooks very fast so the key is to have all your toppings close by and ready for action.
Tips For Grilling
- Have the following items handy: pizza peel, tongs, pastry brush and olive oil.
- Prepare your toppings before putting the dough on the grill. Shred
your cheese, cut up your mushrooms and anything else needing
- If you are putting meat on your pizza (sausage, ground beef, etc) be sure and cook it first. Once you place the toppings on the
pizza, it isn't going to be on the grill long enough to cook meat thoroughly.
- Try not to go too thick on the toppings. You can't leave your
pizza on the grill too long, so make sure your toppings are able to heat
thoroughly within a
- Place your prepared sauce and toppings near the grill so you have
them within reach of the grill. You don't want to place the dough on the
grill and then go
into the house to fiddle with your toppings. Your crust will burn!
- Brush your dough with olive oil before placing on the grill so it
doesn't stick. Place oiled side on the grill first. Then brush olive oil
on the top before
- Cook for just 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, and then flip (use your pizza peel and tongs to flip that baby!).
- Add your sauce and toppings.
- Cover or close the grill for 1-3 minutes to allow the heat to melt the cheese and heat the toppings.
You just learned how to grill pizza. Not too scary, is it? You don't even need a special grilled pizza recipe. Now put away those hot dogs
and go make yourself a delicious grilled pizza!
Grilling a take and bake pizza?
Even take and bake pizza chains, like Papa Murphy's Pizza, are starting to offer up foil pans to make
grilling your take out pie even easier.
Just warm up the grill and place it on there in the foil pan...
Close the grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes (keep in mind your homemade pizza dough
will cook a lot faster directly on the grill - this pan
makes the cooking time a bit longer).
remove your pizza from the grill (a pizza peel would work great here).
And wow - you have a delicious Papa Murphy's grilled pizza. Learning how to grill pizza has never been this easy!
Return from How To Grill Pizza to How To Make Pizza